[Beowulf] massive parallel processing application required

Dave Wolfson - MCDOTX DaveWolfson at mail.maricopa.gov
Wed Jan 31 09:40:02 PST 2007

There is a highly developed multi-organizational effort under the
umbrella of the Weather Research and Forecasting Model (WRF) group, home
page http://www.wrf-model.org/index.php .  This is the same basic model
that is operational on massively parallel systems at NCAR and NCEP.
Considerable resources and documentation are available from this link.

As with the operational weather models the availability and
incorporation of real-time observational data is essential and highly
refined.  There are versions and subsets of these models that are run on
1..n systems.  As one would expect from such a non-trivial application,
the implementation on one's own system is not trivial; however there are
many individuals and low-budget sites getting usable results from these
models today.

David Wolfson, Senior Transportation Analyst
Maricopa County Department of Transportation
2901 West Durango Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85009
ph: 602-506-6950
fax: 602-506-4882