[Beowulf] Re: SGI to offer Windos on clusters ---> Skew/Jitter paper

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Thu Jan 18 13:51:09 PST 2007

Håkon Bugge wrote:
> You wrote:
>> There is a very good paper showing the effects of skew at scale by
>> Kerberyson, et al from Sandia.
>
> Googling on Kerberyson gave zero hits. Since I am working on a
> solution for the problem; would be nice to have that paper. You have a
> reference (or pdf)?

     Hakon,

     I am sorry. Spelling error ... ;-) ... I just searched on using the
authors and correct spelling:

     Kerbyson Petrini Pakin

     And got it.  The title is:

     "The Case of the Missing Supercomputing Performance"

     They also have a nice paper on their model for predicting/modeling
system
     performance prior to purchase.

     Hope that does it.

     Regards,

     rbw

--

Richard B. Walsh

"The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one
 perceived. The subject and object are but one."

Erwin Schroedinger

Project Manager
Network Computing Services, Inc.
Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC)
rbw at ahpcrc.org  |  612.337.3467

This message (including any attachments) may contain proprietary or
privileged information, the use and disclosure of which is legally
restricted.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by reply message, do not otherwise distribute it, and delete
this message, with all of its contents, from your files.