[Beowulf] important WDC firmware update

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:34:29 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 at 2:17pm, Bruce Allen wrote

> Here is an important firmware update for WDC WDXXXXYS series drives on RAID
> controllers.  Without this update you will see period drive dropouts and
> rebuilds on the RAID sets.  We've been seeing this a lot with some Areca
> controllers; I am hoping that this firmware update will fix the problem.

Again!?  You'd think they would have learned from last time.

http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10240

Note that more drives than just those mentioned in that link were
affected, and note the date -- 2003.  *sigh*  What's old is new again,
apparently.

Thanks for the heads up.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain