[Beowulf] 64-core processor...

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 22 13:46:52 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was notified a few days already at this chip.
The price of $435 is interesting new information to me.

It mentions at their own homepage it's 32 bits completely, no mention of 64 bits.

the bandwidth looks impressive, 4 memory controllers.

More important than all those other chips seems memory consumption of this chip.

Very interesting for telecommunication. The power usage there is most important.

Looks a tad less impressive considering its huge price, for number crunching.

This chip could be a great seller if they would offer it for a dump price.

Say $25 a cpu.

Who knows, could conquer quite some markets then.