[Beowulf] Open source prime number application

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Wed Aug 15 17:14:04 PDT 2007

I think they found all the prime numbers already :)))

To impress friends check out (parallel rendering):

 http://www.verrall.demon.co.uk/mpipov/

I believe seti at home and folding at home can use clusters (google for them)

Then there is also parallel genetic algorithms. some coding needed
but an interesting use for extra cycles.

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/CCST/research/reports_pre1998/comp_bio/stalk/pgapack.html

There are others, google around. If you want to learn about
MPI, check out this tutorial (or grab one of the MPI books):
 http://www.clustermonkey.net//content/category/5/13/32/
Or, for more general information, check out
 http://www.clustermonkey.net//content/category/5/14/32/

--
Doug

--