[Beowulf] How to analyze application cache coherency?

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at opencfd.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 03:44:32 PDT 2007

For individual applications I would use
val/cachegrind (with e.g. kcachegrind as front
end) to figure out their cache usage.

Then see which ones aren't cache limited and run
them together with ones that are cache limited?

But if there is only three just test the
combinations. Which ones running together slow
down least.

--

Mattijs Janssens

OpenCFD Ltd.