[Beowulf] Need help on running mpi on different hosts

Aydin Misirlioglu misirli at itu.edu.tr
Fri Apr 20 01:11:38 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem about running mpi on 2 SGI IRIX mavhines. I have 1
Origin2000 machine with 4 processors and 1 Origin3000 with 32 processors.
Mpi is running on array services on both nodes. When I try to run my program
on one machine it works ok. For example

"At first_node : mpirun -a my_array second_node 2 my_code" works,
"At second_node : mpirun -a my_array first_node 2 my_code" works as well.

But whenever I run the code on both nodes using

mpirun -a my_arrray first_node, second_node 2 my_code

it doesn't work. Mpirun spawns the codes on both nodes but does not execute
anything. I have no problem on accessing the remote nodes, I set all the
necessary array authentication options properly, .rhosts, hosts.equiv files,
etc. as suggested by mpirun man pages. I compiled the code at each node and
set the directories correctly. Even the example "Hello World" program does
not run.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated,

Regrads,

Kahize,