[Beowulf] Help with HPL Makefile

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 12 07:30:31 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 09:02:03 pm snj78 at comcast.net wrote:
> Thanks for your replies everyone.  I feel like I am understanding things
> a little better.  One thing that I realized but not sure if this makes a
> difference is that I have installed an openmpi package and an mpich
> package so could that cause problems using the mpicc compiler and
> linking the different packages/libraries?

If you give the correct pathes in your Makefile, it shouldn't matter.

> Makefile:47:  Make.inc: No such file or directory
> *** No rule to make target 'Make.inc'. Stop

Your Make.inc links are likely broken. It may happen if you tried to
compile with a wrong TOPdir or arch.
Try:
	find $HOME/hpl -name Make.inc --exec ls -al {} \;

to see if the links are indeed broken, and if that's the case:

	find $HOME/hpl -name Make.inc --exec rm {} \;

to remove them.

Cheers,
--
Kilian