[Beowulf] Win64 Clusters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 14:26:29 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:45:19PM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> I must say, though, that you have the wrong idea about scientists.  My
> kids regularly make fun of my near-complete lack of hair, not it
> excessive length...;-)
>
>     rgb

Sorry, we based our ideas on Greg Lindahl :)

Once again, this list is full of useful historical viewpoints
and a mine of information and experience. It got cited on the Debian
user list this morning by me as a model - this just to let you all know
what was said:

	If you want to see a very good example of a mailing list with
	a high signal-noise ratio, technical excellence and lots of
	interesting sidelights - the beowulf list (archives of
	www.beowulf.org) is always worth a browse. The major players
	there are real experts - even the off-topic stuff is interesting
	and thought-provoking

Debian released a new stable release over the Easter weekend, so I've
been busy helping test stuff out and answering user questions. I
come here to this list for civilized company, knowledge and expertise
and am never disappointed. I can find English folk song experts, radio
amateurs, physicists and mathematicians scattered all over the 'Net - but I
can't find a similar erudite and cultured _community_ in a
single list anywhere else.

All the best,

Andy