[Beowulf] Ethernet break through?

Robin Harker robin at workstationsuk.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 01:31:29 PDT 2007

Mark,

You seam to be making an awful lot of assumptions about what a game
console can or can't do. Let's have some facts rather than vague
guesswork.

As I understand it the PS3 has a decent GigE port, it runs a standard
Linux OS, YDL, and it has both a general purpose CPU, (Power5) and 6 (I
think) cell processors.  I would have thought a repetitive application
like rendering would be ideal for a cell based system.

I do not understand your reference to SLI cards.

I do agree that a PS2 is probable not a good render node, but then again
it's ~4 years old.

Regards

Robin