NFS Performance (was Re: [Beowulf] GPFS on Linux (x86))

Michael Will mwill at
Fri Sep 15 08:36:24 PDT 2006

I am puzzled by an sles9sp3 (2.6.9 kernel) nfs server that serves rhel3 (2.4.21 kernel) compute nodes. For some reason a lot of times the mounts fail (with default as well as modified parameters). The symptom is mount: rpc timeout. The server logs all authentification requests as successful.  The switch is an oversubscribed hp 4108gl.

Google turned up nothing useful.

Any ideas?