[Beowulf] IBM p5 cluster discussion list (off-topic)

Craig Tierney ctierney at hypermall.net
Tue Oct 31 09:52:08 PST 2006

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote:
> I cannot help with your original question of finding a list, but if
> you have specific questions, I have a small team of highly qualified
> p5 folks on my team.

Are you running AIX?  If you don't mind, I do have a few quick questions:

1) How do you manage accounts?  NIS, LDAP, other?  If other, what are
the correct files to copy between nodes to get it to work?
2) Have you tried creating multiple LPAR on a single node?  Can you
virtualize the HPS and FC controllers (all network controllers)?
3) Is there a better way to manage system images than installing
packages by hand on each node (even if using dcp and dsh?).  Does CSM
support 'cloning' to guarantee that all images are identical?

Thanks,
Craig