Fwd: [Beowulf] What can a HS student do with a small Beowulf?

sNAAPS eLYK 3lucid at gmail.com
Tue May 23 20:22:31 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sNAAPS eLYK <3lucid at gmail.com>
Date: May 23, 2006 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] What can a HS student do with a small Beowulf?
To: Nathan Moore <nmoore at winona.edu>

Thanks, all of you for your replies, they've been very helpful.

I'm still not sure exactly how I'll be going about this. As per Mark Hahn's
advice, I'm starting to learn Perl, I've already got two highschool computer
courses in VB and Java to back me up, which is helpful.

Special thanks to Nathan Moore! This is becuase I'm actually going to
uWaterloo for an Honours B.Sc. in Physics, and I want to get a graduate
degree in the field of physics some time in the future. Computers have
always been a very passionate hobby of mine. I'm going to try and find some
challenging problems in the world of Physics that I would need the power of
a cluster to tackle. Whether those involve progamming, or simulation, I look
forward to finding out for myself!

-Kyle Spaans