[Beowulf] noob understanding

Eric Thibodeau kyron at neuralbs.com
Fri May 19 20:17:01 PDT 2006

Le Vendredi 19 Mai 2006 18:59, philip a écrit :
[..snip..]
> As for max/autodesk, they're not for linux.  I know that much.  I'm more
> interested in a method of deconstructing a max file into it's basic form of
> being a state of geometry and settings, and then finding a linux engine that
> can perform the rendering task, so that I could use something along the
> lines of drqueue to simply submit the job to the cluster.

OT but... Just a little bit of ironical info here about high end 3D CAD. You'll most probably be frustrated to learn that:
1- There is a version of 3D Studio Max that actually runs quite well under Linux. But for contractual reasons (Microsoft owns their ass), they will never admit to the existance of this Linux version (This information was leaked to me from former Digital employees working on the code base)
2- Another well known 3D app that also runs under linux is Catia, that one isn't a surprise though given it's background. Again, for the same reasons, this version does not officially exist and they will deny everything.

--
Eric Thibodeau
Neural Bucket Solutions Inc.