[Beowulf] Cluster OpenMP

Douglas Eadline deadline at clustermonkey.net
Tue May 16 13:50:42 PDT 2006

> I just found this:
>
> http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board/message?board.id=11&message.id=3793
>
> Maybe it will be interesting for many people here.
>
> In short, recompile your multithreaded OpenMP program and get a cluster
> version.

Were it that simple and it all depends. With parallel computing
and clusters in particular, deciding what *should* be parallel
for a given hardware environment is difficult. Just because
something is concurrent does not mean it should be executed in parallel.

You may find these columns helpful:

Getting Started with Clusters:

  http://www.clustermonkey.net//content/category/5/14/32/

Parallel Programming: