[Beowulf] coprocessor to do "physics calculations"

Nathan Moore nmoore at winona.edu
Wed May 10 19:44:28 PDT 2006

This has been done - sort of.
(http://arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/cluster.php)
  One of the national labs built a cluster of ~70 Sony PlayStation
2's a few years back and tried to do Molecular Dynamics on them - not
sure if it was viable successful, but Mercury seems to be trying the
same thing with the Cell chip.  (http://www.mc.com/cell/)

Not sure I'd want to program for 8 cores though...

Nathan Moore, PhD
Assistant Professor, Physics
Winona State University
AIM:nmoorewsu