[Beowulf] Vector coprocessors

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Mar 16 08:55:30 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:04:32AM +0100, Daniel Pfenniger wrote:

> The possibly most interesting niche for the Clearspeed cards appears to me
> accelerating proprietary applications like Matlab, Mathematica and
> particularly
> Dan

I just talked with Matlab. They sell an extension to the platform that
enables it to run on a 32 bit Linux cluster -- yes they support clustered
computing. They claim 64 bit clustered support will be in the next major
release.

http://www.mathworks.com/products/distribtb/index.html?fp

Now I don't know how well this clustering feature is architected, but they
are selling it. Has anyone used it on 32 bit nodes?

I have it in my NRE budget for this spring and would appreciate any
information about it's performance. While I really want the 64 bit
clustering capability, I can just upgrade when it is released.

Thanks,
Karen
--
 Karen Shaeffer