[Beowulf] Mixed platform multimedia rendering cluster (newbie)

Alpay Kasal alpay at nycrenderfarm.com
Mon Mar 13 17:36:55 PST 2006

Hello Josh. You're basically describing something my little crew has been
developing for the past year. I've learned a LOT by lurking on this list and
I'm getting ready to show the fruits of the labor. A deskside renderfarm of
sorts. I currently have a 28ghz box sitting in front of me that supports
After Effects, Maya, Vue, and other graphics apps (supporting Mac and XP
projects) through a simple web based GUI. We're not exactly live (selling to
retail) yet as I'm using NAB in Las Vegas to garner interest from potential
partners. We should be selling soon after. When do you plan to purchase? I
have custom built several mpeg2 encoding boxes (whereby 10 nodes in one
enclosure can do multipass mpeg2 encodes for high quality DVD's) and could
would not mind talking to you about such an arrangement.

Feel free to contact me off list if this is of interest to you.

Alpay Kasal

Admin/Engineer

http://www.NYCRenderfarm.com

  _____