[Beowulf] Re: [MPICH] EOF from console

Matthew Fowler tjue1 at central.susx.ac.uk
Thu Jun 15 06:30:35 PDT 2006

Hi Philip.

The boards actually have two LAN interfaces. I tried bringing down the
2nd like you suggested, but I have the same problem.

Here is the output of mpdcheck -v, I get the same respective output from
all the boards im using:

# mpdcheck -v
mpdcheck -v
obtaining hostname via gethostname and getfqdn
gethostname gives  board01
getfqdn gives  board01
checking out unqualified hostname; make sure is not "localhost", etc.
checking out qualified hostname; make sure is not "localhost", etc.
obtain IP addrs via qualified and unqualified hostnames;  make sure
other than 127.0.0.1
gethostbyname_ex:  ('board01', [], ['10.9.10.1'])
gethostbyname_ex:  ('board01', [], ['10.9.10.1'])
checking that IP addrs resolve to same host
now do some gethostbyaddr and gethostbyname_ex for machines in hosts file
#

Does that look right to you? I cant see anything wrong.

Oh yes im using a good Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch (just a little 8 port)

Best Regards

Matthew