[Beowulf] g03 and centos 3.6

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jun 14 18:22:43 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 11:10, Mark Hahn wrote:

> when a vendor starts using the phrase "supported platform",
> I always ask "tell me about the bugs in your code which violate
> the ABI".  apps should list a required set of ABIs.

I remember the pain one of the people I know in Melbourne went through trying
to get Gaussian to build on their cluster - turned out (they said) it
required a specific version of a particular vendors compiler to get it to
build.

My thought at the time was that they must have tried *really* hard to get it
to the point where the code was broken enough to be that dependant on
compiler behaviour.. :-(

cheers!
Chris