[Beowulf] Re: clusters in high schools.

Bill Harman billharman at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 15:41:53 PST 2006

Matt;

One of the things that you can do to get things started is to collect used
computers from the school, school district, local business or from the
parents of other students.  Once you have 10-12 units you can surprise your
teachers and provide a platform for learning Linux and other open source
S/W, while providing an additional platform for learning programming.  May
even get you a scholarship.

I have gone back into selling used turnkey clusters, in part because of the
need for organizations to test or get familiar to this technology without a
large capital expense.  From 1977-1990 I sold used mini and mainframe
computers because it could stretch a budget, while getting the necessary
computer power needed.  In many respects this still holds true.

Good luck on your endeavours.

Bill Harman,
P - (801) 572-9252  F - (801) 571-4927
wharman at prism.net