writing skills Re: [Beowulf] Re: about clusters in high schools

Kevin Ball kball at pathscale.com
Mon Jan 30 11:29:56 PST 2006

  As an interesting note, I started out studying mechanical engineering
at UCSD, and they required one class in either Fortran (90) or C.  I
took the Fortran version.  I then ended up in Physics rather than
engineering, where in the required courses Mathematica was the platform
of choice for computation, though there were other later (optional)
courses that used C or Fortran, but those languages were picked up
somewhat as needed rather than formally taught.

Kevin Ball
PathScale, Inc.