[Beowulf] using two separate networks for different data streams

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jan 26 10:56:59 PST 2006

Hi

  I've looked around, in the list and google and didn't find anything
elucidating enough on this so mabe someone could englight me or point me
where to look.

  I've seen architectures with two network switchs, one is used for I/O
(writing, reading, so on) and another for message passing (MPI). how is
this achieved? I get the idea, from one place, where the applications
running must be aware of this but I was thinking that for this to work it
must be transparent to the application. How can this be achieved?

  Any thought will be appreciated.

  best regards,

  Ricardo Reis

  "Non Serviam"

  n.p.: http://radio.ist.utl.pt
  n.r.: http://atumtenorio.blogspot.com
                     <- Send with Pine Linux/Unix/Win/Mac OS->