[Beowulf] recommandation search for 64 bits tools for video/raid

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 22 19:53:11 PST 2006

Hello,

Simple question, i've set up a new dual opteron (tyan S2881UG2NR board) and
stumbled into some problems in windows 64 bits.

First of all there seems a big lack of support in form of tools. ATI tools
seem to not be capable of put
videocards in > 75Hz vertical. This is kind of a problem. I'll need at least
100Hz vertical here as there is a
pretty big electro magnetic field where the machines is located (around 4+
microtesla at 50Hz),
which means at 75Hz the display looks like an interlaced clockswing. An XP64
driver i could not find, perhaps server2003 x64
solves this issue?

As this card is in many system boards perhaps someone in this mailing list
knows the solution.

Secondly i'm searching for a tool to monitor the raid10 array.
I like to know when a drive breaks down and needs to be replaced.
The silicon image tool isn't working. Can't even detect that i'm booting off
a silican image 3114 raid controller.

I probably do something incredible simple wrong here, but i'm unable to
detect what. Suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for answerring,
Vincent