[Beowulf] mpich2 with gfortran

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:05:50 PST 2006

I've installed mpich2 on my home machine to do development. Although
most of my MPI work has been in f77, I thought I'd build the libraries
with gfortran and expand my horizons a little bit.

However, when trying the example programs, I fumbled upon a showstopper.

mpiexec -n 2 ./cpi works fine, but
mpiexec -n 2 ./pi3f90 hangs with mpiexec using 100% of cpu
mpiexec -n 2 ./fpi hangs with mpiexec using 100% of cpu

mpichversion gives
Version:           1.0.3
Device:            ch3:sock
Configure Options: --with-pm=gforker --enable-f90 --enable-f77
--enable-cxx F77=gfortran F90=gfortran

mpif90 --version gives
GNU Fortran 95 (GCC 4.0.3 20051201 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-5))

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

System is Debian testing (etch)

Is there anything I should be aware of, here?

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs
MORE CORE AVAILABLE, BUT NONE FOR YOU.