[Beowulf] OT: some quick Areca rpm packages for interested users

Yaroslav Halchenko list-beowulf at onerussian.com
Wed Dec 27 19:10:15 PST 2006

> The ARECA drivers have just moved from the mm tree into the mainline kernel in
> 2.6.19, I've just downloaded 2.6.19.1 and verified that their arcmsr driver
> (version 1.20.00.13) still exists in drivers/scsi/arcmsr .

> I guess you could say they were kicked upstairs, but certainly not kicked
> out.. :-)
What a shame...
I've checked on areca in mainline kernel a while ago (it must have been
pre .19 time) and I even tracked down to -mm release where it was
removed from. Today just searched for -iname *areca*, forgetting
that arcmsr is the one I need to look for... damn shame on me ;-)

on the server I am still running 2.6.18.2 and also I am not using
ext3 (just reiser and xfs), and I am not sure when I will have a chance
to reboot (that beast is main file server for our cluster at the
moment).

> If you are a Linux Weekly News subscriber (and if you're not you
> probably should be, it's a great news resource) you can read about it
> here (should be
resource is great indeed. forcing them me to pay money for the
subscription is not good IMHO... I prefer to donate my spare time and
participate in FOSS projects (I am a GNU/Debian DD).

> freely available at the end of the week when the next weekly news comes out):
I will come back to read it then probably

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]