[Beowulf] distributed file storage solution?

samit bex061 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 18:36:48 PST 2006

hello list,

i am looking for a application (most preferably, but not necessarily OSS or
free software) and that can create distributed, reliable, fault tolerant,
decentralized, high preformance file server. I've looked at few P2P file
storing solutions that store multiple copies of file in different server for
data reliability but i havent found any solution that would help me access a
file as flexibly like the local file with high preformance. Cross platform
solution would be even better as i want to aovoid the SMB overhead if its
just a linux based solution!

PLEASE RECOMENT ME SOMETHING!? feel free to suggest any solutions that even
qualifies half of this criteria!

-bipin