[Beowulf] SATA II

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Wed Dec 6 04:39:41 PST 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 07:11, Ruhollah Moussavi Baygi wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
> But do you mean that SATA is not a suitable choice for a beowulf cluster?

huh? Both me and Mark relied almost identically. Pointing out that the
controller (motherboard SATA or add-on raid-controller) is what you have to
be careful about, SATA or SATAII drives makes very little difference from a
compatibility point of view.

That said, SATA is very suitable for a beowulf cluster.

/Peter