[Beowulf] Node Drop-Off

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Dec 4 16:59:03 PST 2006

> were doing the running.  Any toplevel AMD exec would do anything to
> crank up quality control rather than have to endure the sight of an old

AMD and our system vendor (HP) did a good job replacing >1500 opteron 252's
in my cluster this year.  this was the result of a "test escape", which
did eventually show up publicly on amd.com.  it's important to choose
your vendor carefully, for reasons like this.

regards, mark hahn.
(not all of (old,fat,bald), and living in a no-streak-in-december climate)