[Beowulf] Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium 2006 FREE Wed Oct 4 @ U Oklahoma

Brett Morrow brett.morrow at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 24 08:19:02 PDT 2006

Thought some may be interested in this:

SUMMARY:

FREE Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium 2006 Wed Oct 4 @ University of
Oklahoma, Norman campus, 8:00am-5:30pm. FREE Reception Tue Oct 3
5:30-7:00pm.

  http://symposium2006.oscer.ou.edu/

We already have over 250 registrations, from 37 academic institutions
in 10 states, 33 private companies, 17 government agencies and 2
non-governmental organizations.

DETAILS:

The Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium 2006 will be held Wed Oct 4
all day on the OU Norman campus, with a reception and poster session
the evening of Tue Oct 3, 5:30-7:00pm.

FREE registration is open!

  http://symposium2006.oscer.ou.edu/

Some of our speaker will include:

* Dr. Kathie Olsen, National Science Foundation Deputy Director and
  Chief Operating Officer

* Dr. Earl Joseph, IDC Program Vice President for High Performance
  Computing

* Dr. Stephen Wheat, Intel's Director of High Performance Computing

* Dr. Miron Livny, inventor of Condor and Professor of Computer
  Sciences, University of Wisconsin

* Dr. Ed Seidel, Director, Center for Computation & Technology and
  Floating Point Systems Professor of Physics & Astronomy and
  Computer Science, Louisiana State University

* Dr. Amy Apon, Associate Professor of Computer Science, University
  of Arkansas

* Dr. Kyran (Kim) Mish, Presidential Professor of Structural
  Engineering and Director, Fears Structural Engineering Laboratory,
  University of Oklahoma

* Dr. Paul Gray, Associate Professor of Computer Science, University
  of Northern Iowa

* Dr. Farideh Samadzadeh, Professor of Computer Science, Oklahoma
  School of Science & Mathematics

* Dr. Charlie Peck, Associate Professor of Computer Science,
  Earlham College

* Dr. Daniel Weber, Senior Research Scientist, Center for Analysis &
  Prediction of Storms, University of Oklahoma

More speakers will be announced soon.

We'd be delighted to have you participate. It's a great way to learn
what's happening on the High Performance Computing side of your
research area.

The Symposium is FREE and comes with meals and snacks, including a
FREE reception and poster session the evening of Tue Oct 3.

Last year's Symposium had 285 attendees (out of over 400
registrations), from 31 colleges and universities in 11 states,
44 private companies, 16 government agencies and 5 non-governmental
organizations. We expect at least as many this year -- probably more
... and we already have over 250 registered.

We're currently looking for people interested in participating, both
as attendees and also to present:

* breakout talks (30 minutes including questions);
* technical briefs (10 minutes including questions);
* posters (at the reception Tue Oct 3 5:30-7:00pm).

We're looking for talks, briefs and posters in any of a variety of
areas of Computational Science & Engineering (including computational
research in every field of engineering, physical science, biological
science, mathematics, social science and business), High Performance
Computing, High Performance Networking, Grid Computing, Data Mining,
HPC education and so on.

And, if you know of students -- graduate and undergraduate -- who are
interested in these areas, this is a great opportunity to introduce
them to conferences, especially because it's FREE. We especially
welcome talks, briefs and posters by students.

Also, if you know of colleagues that might be interested, please feel
free to forward this note to them.

We'll also have a vendor exposition, where you'll have an opportunity
to learn about existing and emerging HPC technologies.

If you're interested, see:

  http://symposium2006.oscer.ou.edu/

If you've received this note in error, please ignore it.

---

Henry Neeman (hneeman at ou.edu)
Director, OU Supercomputing Center for Education & Research (OSCER)
Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science
Research Scientist, Center for Analysis & Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
Stephenson Research & Technology Center
101 David L. Boren Blvd., Norman OK 73019
405-325-5386 (office), 405-325-3442 (fax), 405-245-3823 (cell)
http://www.oscer.ou.edu/

--
Brett Morrow, Senior Systems and Storage Analyst
INDUS Corporation
Brett.Morrow at noaa.gov
http://www.induscorp.com