[Beowulf] Woodcrest Memory bandwidth

Kozin, I (Igor) i.kozin at dl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 04:29:02 PDT 2006

Good point which makes perfect sense to me.
Given that the theoretical maximum is actually 21.3 GB/s
the real maximum Triad number must be 21.3/3 = 7.1 GB/s.
And that's the best number I've heard of.

Here is a pointer to some measured latencies
http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=2772&p=4

Incidentally, the same site dwells on low latency of Core 2
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=5
Anybody run stream on it?