[Beowulf] 2u case for mounting existing external SDLT320 drives?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Thu Aug 3 10:24:47 PDT 2006

We currently have two SDLT320 external "shoebox" type SDLT320
drives.  It would be nice to move these into a rack, but so far
I've not been able to locate a 2U case that will hold them - that
doesn't already have a drive in it.  We only want to buy the case,
not more drives.  Somebody sells these cases to Dell for its
PowerVaults and Quantum for its racked tape drives.  Google
has not been my friend and none of the usual suspects I've checked
(Antec, Chenbro, Enlight, Rosewill,Supermicro) seem to sell this
type of case - just 2U for computers, not for tape drives.

So who makes and/or sells these cases _without_ the drives in them?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu