[Beowulf] Parallel memory

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Wed Oct 19 10:51:12 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:44:09PM -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > Are there any drivers, tools, etc. that can make the memory space on a
> > cluster look shared, something like pvfs but for memory?  I'm sure there
>
> sure, lots.  this is a semi-sane project that has been the subject
> of many student projects.  fundamentally, it doesn't make that much

Another, somewhat different project that might be relevent is
InterWeave, from 2004 or so.  But unfortunately (as I mention in the
thread below), due apparently to time/resource constraints they
haven't released the code:

  http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/sandhya/interweave/
  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=179348

--