[Beowulf] MPI ABI

Steffen Persvold sp at scali.com
Mon Oct 10 02:49:09 PDT 2005

Toon,

You seem to be forgetting all the different constants even in the Fortran
interface:

For example :

! return codes
      INTEGER MPI_SUCCESS,MPI_ERR_BUFFER,MPI_ERR_COUNT,MPI_ERR_TYPE
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_TAG,MPI_ERR_COMM,MPI_ERR_RANK,MPI_ERR_ROOT
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_GROUP
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_OP,MPI_ERR_TOPOLOGY,MPI_ERR_DIMS,MPI_ERR_ARG
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_UNKNOWN,MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE,MPI_ERR_OTHER
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_INTERN,MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS,MPI_ERR_PENDING
      INTEGER MPI_ERR_REQUEST, MPI_ERR_LASTCODE
      PARAMETER (MPI_SUCCESS=0,MPI_ERR_BUFFER=1,MPI_ERR_COUNT=2)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_TYPE=3,MPI_ERR_TAG=4,MPI_ERR_COMM=5)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_RANK=6,MPI_ERR_ROOT=7,MPI_ERR_GROUP=8)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_OP=9,MPI_ERR_TOPOLOGY=10,MPI_ERR_DIMS=11)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_ARG=12,MPI_ERR_UNKNOWN=13)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE=14,MPI_ERR_OTHER=15)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_INTERN=16,MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS=17)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_PENDING=18,MPI_ERR_REQUEST=19)
      PARAMETER (MPI_ERR_LASTCODE=1073741823)

These are not the same on all MPI Implementations. I could also say
something on Fortran vs. C in general, but I won't ;)

Cheers,

Steffen Persvold
Technical Director Americas
tel. 508-281-7100 x401