RS: [Beowulf] Sempron compile optimization

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Nov 28 20:40:04 PST 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 15:25, Joe Landman wrote:

> Eeek!!!! Wheres that Yellow Dog Linux when you need it ...

Don't get me wrong, I've been able to build 64-bit versions of NAMD and
various other codes on SLES9 on PPC64 successfully, but I am suprised that
it's not fully native 64-bit.  I certainly was under the impression it was.

Especially as their docs say:

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxenterpriseserver/sles9_featurelist_technical.pdf

SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 is available for 64-bit IBM POWER
series hardware. The IBM POWER 64-bit architecture is used in
systems from Apple and IBM. It supports execution of code built for
the 32-bit edition of the POWER platform. POWER systems include
IBM iSeries and pSeries servers.

I presume SLES9 on AMD64 is a true 64-bit userland ?

Chris