[Beowulf] Interface between GridEngine and OpenPBS

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 21 12:54:58 PST 2005

Hi,

Am 21.11.2005 um 09:22 schrieb Sebastian:

> Hello,
>
> we have orderd a new NEC Cluster which has by default OpenPBS
> installed.
> Now we will interlink this two Batch Queuing Systems. One
> possibility ist to

if you wan't to use SGE, why startup the installed OpenPBS at all?
I'm mean, if there is no clean way to uninstall it, just avoid the
startup of the daemons belonging to OpenPBS or the sourcing of any
profiles of OpenPBS for the users - otherwise you might end up with
two versions of qsub - one from OpenPBS and one from SGE. Instead
start the SGE daemons after installing them and source their
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.sh for the users and you are done.

Cheers - Reuti