[Beowulf] 3d rendering cluster

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon May 23 10:51:48 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 12:34 +0200, Paul K Egell-Johnsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the most important part for a 3d rendering farm; memory to
> each processor, processor speed and/or access to SAN?

Dual cores are of course de rigeur at the moment, dahlings :-)
We are getting good results with them.

I would be interested to see some real-world findings with 3D rendering
on dual core boxes. It would be worth doing some research, and getting
some benchmarking time before making a commitment. If you do make any
comparisons, please come back and tell us.