[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 15, Issue 35

Ed Karns edkarns at firewirestuff.com
Tue May 17 08:13:35 PDT 2005

Details of this question are best obtained from the Folks at Texas
Instruments and NEC, the choice for FW hub chip sets ... (
http://focus.ti.com/analog/docs/
articles.tsp?articleType=brc&templateId=5&familyId=361&path=templatedata
/cm/brc/data/200207_1394landing )

In the distribution trade these are called "hubs" but in effect are
packet switching port selectors. FireWire being a simple peer to peer
network with addressed, traffic management processor and I/O for each
port = FW hubs being a node ... and an FW hub is a part of each port
set on each system.

Ed Karns
FireWireStuff.com

On Monday, May 16, 2005, at 12:00  PM, beowulf-request at beowulf.org