[Beowulf] Re: Table of best compiler flags for different CPUs?

Tom Crick tc at cs.bath.ac.uk
Wed May 11 01:54:15 PDT 2005

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I've
previously looked at a piece of software called ACOVEA (Analysis of
Compiler Options via Evolutionary Algorithm) by Scott Robert Ladd
(http://www.coyotegulch.com/products/acovea/).

This attempts to find the 'optimal' set of compiler flags for GCC
(recently updated for GCC 4.0) using genetic algorithms. This seems to
be particularly relevant for GCC, with the abundance of existing flags
and options.

Cheers,

Tom

--
Tom Crick
Mathematical Logic & Symbolic Computation Group
tc at cs.bath.ac.uk
http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/~tc