[Beowulf] standards for GFLOPS / power consumption measurement?

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Tue May 10 05:37:05 PDT 2005

How do you categorize second hand bought systems?

I bought for 325 euro a third dual k7 mainboard + 2 processors.

The rest i removed from old machines that get thrown away otherwise.
Like 8GB harddisk. Amazingly biggest problem was getting a case to reduce
sound production :)

Network cards i got for free, very nice gesture from someone.

So when speaking of gflops per dollar at linpack, this will destroy of
course any record of $2500 currently, especially for applications needing
bandwidth to other processors, if i see what i paid for this self
constructed beowulf.