[Beowulf] Bernhard Kuhn's real time interrupt patch

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Fri Mar 25 10:12:58 PST 2005

Last year sometime I was reading about Bernhard Kuhn's real time
interrupt patch (aka rtirq-patch) for Linux:

He seems to work on embedded systems, but for those there are other
real-time options.  But since it does not involve a separate real-time
kernel, low-latency cluster interconnects seem like the obvious niche
where his patch might be a big win.

So I was wondering, has anyone tried that?  I believe the low-latency
OS-bypass NICs are already doing some fancy mix of polling and waiting
for slow Linux interrupts, but shouldn't Kuhn's rtirq-patch still

Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>