[Beowulf] Shared memory

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jun 24 06:33:04 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 15:24 +0200, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> A big problem is that it's interesting to run at a quad, but please
find me
> a cluster that consists out of quad dual cores.
We haven't shipped any, to be honest, but they are there.
We have dual core Opterons shipping in clusters now (dual-socket nodes).

> Usually clusters are slow intel dual xeons or something ugly bad from
the
> past. Most organisations need also like 1 year between ordering and
> delivery of a cluster, by then such a processor is just so so so
outdated
> that it's factor 2 times slower or so than the latest cpu on the
market.
Six to eight weeks from receipt of a firm order.
We are shipping one next week which has taken three weeks from order.
Delivered to your site, ready to work.
And to be fair, other vendors on this list can offer similar.