[Beowulf] [rjdyer at vcu.edu: Re: Intel?]

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jun 8 04:31:33 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from "Rodney J. Dyer" <rjdyer at vcu.edu> -----

From: "Rodney J. Dyer" <rjdyer at vcu.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:27:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Intel?

Being one of those 'apparent idiots' that followed Apples advice and
spent literally hundreds of hours in altivec, I'm a bit peeved at the
whole thing.  I must essentially redo _everything_.  And if so, what is
my motivation to program it for the mac platform?  Furthermore, my
maintenance plans on the XServe cluster I have will last longer than the
ppc commitment and well beyond when Apple stops updating OSX-PPC.  So it
makes me believe that I should switch everything I have now over to
linux (YDL, FC, Gentoo-PPC).  I feel betrayed.

Rodney J. Dyer, PhD

Professor of Theoretical Population Genetics
Center for the Study of Biological Complexity
Virginia Commonwealth University

This email sent to eugen at leitl.org

----- End forwarded message -----