[Beowulf] MPICH2 + PVFS2 + Help needed urgently.

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Sun Jun 5 23:43:06 PDT 2005

I have not had a chance to test anything yet, but my first guess is that you
are not having realistic benchmark numbers to begin with.

You say you see 122MB/s write, 880MB/s read? That for sure is not
across gigabit ethernet unless you have eight NICs on the reading node ;-)

If you were using infiniband this might be realistic, but for gigabit
ethernet
it is not.

Viel Glueck,

Michael