[Beowulf] Performance issue - CPU Intel 00/02

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 21 07:27:16 PDT 2005

> > interesting.  this appears to be a project that eventually went commercial.
> > however, I had no trouble booting to a floppy image using pxelinux, which is
> > quite nice for booting clusters.
> >
> Do you have a config I can steal? I could never get pxebooting DOS disk
> images to work; I ended up with all sorts of interesting hangs and
> crashes.

well, I didn't see any issues, but I used it in a homogeneous 96x cluster:

default nfsroot
#default flash
#default fromdisk

label nfsroot
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.11.11-x
        append root=/dev/ram initrd=image.gz init=/linuxrc vga=ext panic=60
        ipappend 1

label flash
        kernel /memdisk
        append initrd=/dl145-2004.10.08.img