[Beowulf] Re: dual core Opteron performance - re suse 9.3

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jul 12 23:18:25 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 21:00 -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:36:15AM -0500, Don Kinghorn wrote:
>
> > The dual-core system had 4 one GB modules arranged 2 for each cpu.
>
> To be anal-hyphen-retentive, don't you mean "2 for each socket"?

Acktcherly....
we do need to decide on a terminology here.

I recently did a response to a tender for a prospective customer.
I was tying myself in knots getting the correct terminology,
for questions such as "the systems MUST have xxx gigabytes of RAM per
processor"
I went with reading that as 'per socket' in the case of dual cores.
Also talking about 'dual nodes' is going to be more tricky.