[Beowulf] [gorelsky at stanford.edu: CCL:dual-core Opteron 275 performance]

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jul 1 01:49:41 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from "S.I.Gorelsky" <gorelsky at stanford.edu> -----

From: "S.I.Gorelsky" <gorelsky at stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:00:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: chemistry at ccl.net
Cc: ed.gasiorowski at amd.com, mike at colfax-intl.com
Subject: CCL:dual-core Opteron 275 performance

To add to the discussion about the performance of new dual-core
processors for computational chemistry applications,

the comparison of Intel and AMD dual-CPU based computers is shown at:

As can be seen from the graph, the Gaussian 03 execution speed (test job
397) on dual-core dual-CPU Opteron 275 workstation is faster by a factor of 1.95
as compared to the dual-CPU Xeon 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB machine.

I would like to thank Ed Gasiorowski (AMD) and Mike Fay (Colfax
International) for their support.

Serge Gorelsky

 Dr S.I. Gorelsky, Department of Chemistry, Stanford University
 Box 155, 333 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305-5080 USA
 Phone: (650) 723-0041. Fax: (650) 723-0852.

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY at ccl.net

HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs

If your is mail bouncing from ccl.net domain due to spam filters, please
use the Web based form from CCL Home Page

----- End forwarded message -----