[Beowulf] transcode Similar Video Processing on Beowulf?

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu Jan 20 09:24:03 PST 2005

That is indeed interesting, and also, have you looked at cinelerra?

http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

It does not use MPI but has it's own client/server videorenderingfarm
infrastructure, and could probably be adapted to the beowulf model, with
the gui running on the headnode and the compute nodes simply encoding
part of the video.

Michael