[Beowulf] OK, I'll be first: mac mini

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jan 11 20:03:26 PST 2005

anyone working on assembling a large cluster of Mac mini's?

I hafta believe that some of you bio or montecarlo types are
thinking about it.  sure, the box only has a G4, and only 100bT,
but it's small, fairly cheap and gosh-darn cute!

fairly low power, and the input might be DC (gangable?).
if not a compute cluster, how about a video wall?  radeon 9200 is
nothing to sneeze at (faster than my desktops), and one of these
would look pretty cute sitting under a mini-DLP projector.

I wonder if there are embarassing-enough parallel applications where
even the annoying cat5 could be dispensed with (just opt for the
internal 54 Mbps wireless card).

regards, mark hahn.