[Beowulf] Re: S2466 Wake on Lan working, anyone?

David Mathog mathog at mendel.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:28:07 PST 2005

One other tidbit, both the node with enable_wol=1 and the other
nodes show exactly the same thing for "lspci -vv", which is:

02:08.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado]
(rev 78)
        Subsystem: Tyan Computer: Unknown device 2466
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 80 (2500ns min, 2500ns max), cache line size 10
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 19
        Region 0: I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]
        Region 1: Memory at f6001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

As I understand this the status should have been D3 (from some
old posts by Donald Becker).  Or maybe it should be in D3 at
shutdown, which of course I can't see because, um, the system
is shutdown!  The node was started with this lilo entry:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linuxserial"
        root=/dev/hda3
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount acpi=on resume=/dev/hda2 splash=silent
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400"
        vga=788
        read-only

How would does one test that enable_wol is actually being
set during a shutdown initiated by poweroff???

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu